Sunday, July 30, 2006

Pam and I just got back from two half weeks of camp...we agree, a good conclusion. I liked the first camp, the kids camp...I love the kids from our school, specially that grade, and its great to see how they love each other, and how united they are, and secure, and to think we have been with them for 7 or 8 years, watching them and helping them grow into this stage of their life...hoping to prepare them for the next. I know that after they go on to high school next year, many things will change, they will remain "our kids", but some will get lost and we will inevitably end up knowing more about their past than about their current situations, whatever that may be. We watch them go through the toughest years of their lives and can only stand at the sidelines, with hearts full of love and tears when they fall or move away from us. Then the second camp, with the park boys, was alot of fun for me, mostly because I love time spent with them. I love it when they have a good time or get a good meal or seem happy just to be a togetherness, because I know these are rare events for them. They got the Bible before every meal, and listened respectfully. It was a good three days for a few or them, and I saw things in some of them that I hadn't before (and my dad saw things in some of them that I still haven't, so thats also good)...I got to have a really good talk with Alexis, not because I said a whole bunch of smart stuff that in my opinion would make his life better, but because I got to sit with him on that hammock while he cried and love him. It was a very laid back camp, with alot less running around planning games and alot more just hanging out, so though we were tired at the end of it, i remember what March was like and I know it could have been worse. And it was worth it, it all was. Pam, I'm sure, will post photos. We are in my parents house, alternating between napping and computer time and getting into the mindset for another parting...I hate this as much as the next guy...saying bye to Pamela at the same time as getting the idea into my said of saying bye to everyone myself shortly...i can't focus on either pain enough for them to really sink in and i don't know if that is a good thing.

4 comments:

Pamela Joy said...

I miss you. I miss Alexis and Daniel. I loved camp. I love those boys. How can you not love those boys? I'm going to write you an e-mail soon.

Unknown said...

goodbyes friggin suck

Pamela Joy said...

hey how do I find Daniel's blog?

Unknown said...

nobody likes people that say i told you so. boba