Friday, September 16, 2005

I listened to an old CD today...

What am I gonna be when I grow up? How am I gonna make my mark in history? And what are they gonna write about me when I'm gone? These are the questions That shape the way I think about what matters Well I have no guarantee of my next heartbeat My world's too big to make a name for myself And what if no one wants to read about me when I'm gone? It seems to me that Right now's the only moment that matters You know the number of my days So come paint your pictures on the canvas in my head And come write Your wisdom on my heart Teach me the power of a moment In Your kingdom where the least is greatest The weak are given strength and fools confound the wise And forever brushes up against a moment's time Leaving impressions And drawing me into what really matters I get so distracted by my bigger schemes Show me the importance of the simple things Like a word, a seed, a thorn, a nail And a cup of cold water -Chris Rice

1 comment:

Janice said...

ha i totally have that CD. oh christian music from back in the day. so funny. i heart you bethany.