Friday, August 05, 2005

I got up at 6 am today..I usually do, the sun rises at 6 and I like being up with the sun. I also like the quietness of the neighbourhood at that time...and usually I start working at 7:50 anyways, so its nice to have alot of time to get ready and get there early. So I was up at 6. I really had to go to the bathroom so I did. Then...I don't know what happened, but next thing I was climbing out of bed at 9 o'clock...feeling really stupid for falling back asleep...I had NO lesson plan for my class at 10:35 (being a kindergarten English teacher sounds easy...but its not! Every half an hour class demands a couple hours of preparation...and who knows how many hours thinking, trying to come up with a good idea...a NEW way to teach "six!"...different from the creative NEW way you came up with to teach "five!"...the pressure of being interesting) And then Armando came by for a weird visit, which lasted half an hour, and accomplished nothing, except settign me even farther behind. So I got to school, and there was no water, which just threw me idea of using paint today with the klids RIGHT out the window...so, after losing my lesson plan which i had no time to prepare for anyways, having to come up with a new lesson plan on the spot AND prepare it...i just resigned to having a crappy lesson with the kids. And it was. But it was only 30 minutes of hell. I survived.

No comments: