Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I did this to myself, really. I scheduled a flight home to Ecuador for the day after my last class. I didn't know then that it would be the day after my last school deadlines. I knew I had no exams, and I could have predicted this, but I did it anyway. More exciting. The way it will work, is that I will have no time to think before I am whisked away on a plane to another continent. When school is done, and you have a long holiday ahead, all you have to wait for are your final grades and you know there is nothing else they can do to get you anymore... they can't dictate how you spend your time, they can't torture you with worries or threats, they are finished, and you survived. You survived it! But by scheduling my flight for tomorrow, I deprived myself of that floating feeling, that relaxation of the shoulder and neck muscles. I hope to find THAT at the beach, on the sand in the sun, or sitting on a bed somewhere, sweating already at 6am, listening to the trucks go by. I can wait, I do not regret my decision, I am just saying what it MEANS. I am very excited to be in Ecuador. I made no plans, because that is the best way to do it. Paul and I land in Guayaquil Thursday before midnight. Janna asked if we wanted to go to the camp on Friday ... she was probably serious, too. I'm not even going to make THAT plan until I get there. That is just how it has to be. It is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful to be done (says the girl who still has to finish writing her chapter). It will be wonderful wonderful wonderful to go back, and Paul: you are going to love it.

2 comments:

Elleah said...

Yay! I'm SO excited for you!!

Mom said...

We'll be praying LOTS for you B. And for Paul too. Keep us informed. Love ya.